Henry Moore Studios & Gardens is the work-place and family home of 20th century sculptor Henry Moore: with over 70 acres of sculpture gardens & rolling fields. Each year the sculpture gardens display over 20 of Moore’s world-famous, monumental sculptures; showcasing his work as he intended, against the landscape he shaped.
We will hear Henry Moore’s remarkable story and discover his creative journey in his fascinating studios, where the origins of his monumental bronzes are evident in the hundreds of small models (maquettes) that line the shelves and visit the 16th century Aisled Barn which is the only place in the world where you can see Moore’s remarkable tapestries. We will be able to enjoy This Living Hand: Edmund de Waal presents Henry Moore, an exhibition of sculpture and works on paper curated by acclaimed author and artist Edmund de Waal. This exciting exhibition looks the role of touch in sculpture and the iconography of the hand in Henry Moore’s work. For more information visit the Henry Moore Foundation website here.
This Art Club event is open to all members who are interested in joining us.
Date: Wednesday 23rd June
Time: 11.30 – meet at Visitor Centre entrance for a midday tour (lasting 1.5hours) of the sculpture gardens, Moore’s studios, the Aisled Barn and the new exhibition This Living Hand, curated by acclaimed artist and author Edmund de Waal. You are welcome to bring your own lunch or purchase from the cafe and stay and enjoy the gardens and studios until closing time at 5pm.
Cost: £10 per person (payable by bank transfer)
Registration: Register via the button below (you will be directed to a Google Docs form – add your name to sign-up)
Henry Moore Studios & Gardens
Dane Tree House
Dane Tree House
Many of the Covid measures will continue for visits in 2021 therefore please note:
- Please do not visit if you are feeling unwell, have been asked to isolate, have tested positive for Covid 19 or are awaiting the results of a test.
- Entry routes to the studios & gardens have been changed to allow for a one way entrance and exit. After parking your vehicle, you will enter via Hoglands driveway.
- There will still be a lot of signs around the site: please follow the directions, social distancing indicators and queue systems.
- Some of the facilities and indoor spaces will remain closed, but will be updated according to government guidance.
- Some staff will be wearing personal protective equipment.
DATE: Wednesday 23rd June 2021
TIME: 11:30 am
VENUE: Henry Moore Foundation Studios and Gardens