ESG: A passing fad or a fundamentally different and purposeful approach to investment?
This Investment Club event will address a number of issues relating to ESG:
- What is the purpose of investment?
- What is ESG and what is it not? Where’s all the hype coming from?
- Is the delivery of sustainable outcomes a trade-off with investment returns or a win-win?
- What role does investor stewardship have alongside investment decision-making?
- How might the investment industry need to change to support wealth creation in the real economy?
Leon Kamhi, Head of Responsibility, International at Federated Hermes
Reporting to the CEO of the international business of Federated Hermes, Leon has led the firm’s Responsibility Office since 2014 consisting of the firm’s Advocacy, Stewardship and ESG Integration activities. This involves ensuring that investment teams across all asset classes are aware of and integrate ESG performance in investment decisions and that engagement is effectively incorporated alongside investment activities. Led by Leon, the Responsibility Office also feeds into, and challenges, the firm’s responsibility-related policies and delivery, including those relating to governance, the environment, and colleagues.
Previously, Leon was responsible for the development and delivery of EOS at Federated Hermes’ global corporate and public policy engagement programme from 2012-2014 and acted as its commercial director from 2009-2012. Prior to that, Leon worked within the Hermes UK Large Cap Focus Fund for seven years, where he was responsible for executing the fund’s engagement programmes. He also has 12 years of strategy consulting and operational industry experience.
DATE: Tuesday 14th September
VENUE: Zoom (link to register below)